- hot dog buns
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- Tbsp garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 12 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- b eef hot dogs in natural casings
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Wrap the hot dog rolls in foil. In a large skillet, cook the beef, half of the onions and the garlic over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat, until the onions are softened and the meat is cooked though, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in 1 cup water, the tomato paste, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cover the hot dogs with water and bring to a boil. Cook until heated through, about 8 minutes. Place the rolls in the oven and heat through. Place the hot dogs in the rolls and top with the chili, the remaining onions and extra mustard.
Inspired by Rachel Ray and slightly altered